Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another late night invention. Very tasty and filling.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Cheddar Bean Quesadilla recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium white flour tortillas or 1 medium wheat flour tortilla
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 tablespoons canned black beans
- 1 tablespoon diced onion, optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unsalted butter, melted
- sour cream, optional
- salsa, optional
- Spread cream cheese on one side of the tortilla, completely covering it.
- Top the cream cheese with the black beans and onion.
- Top the beans with the cheddar and fold over.
- Heat skillet to medium.
- Brush one side of folded tortilla with melted butter.
- Put the quesadilla butter side down in skillet.
- While that side is cooking, brush butter on the other side.
- When lightly browned, flip.
- When both sides are lightly browned, remove from skillet and serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.
mmm! I big big quesadillia fan and this did not dissapoint. I like the cream cheese - it makes it extra creamy. I used refired black beans to solve the falling apart problem that other reviewers had. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag.
Yummy! I used refried black beans as I'd just opened some the day before I found this recipe. For the onions, I snipped up part of a green onion over the beans. Instead of brushing with melted butter, I put some butter in the skillet and once it was melted, dipped the quesadilla in the butter on one side, then flipped over to begin cooking - worked perfectly! This was very tasty and will be made again. Thanks for sharing!
I loved this! I used refried black beans because that's what I had but otherwise followed the recipe. Never thought to add cream cheese. It adds a nice "coolness" and goes well with a hot salsa. Thanks!