Recipe by FrenchBunny
This is such a delicious moist carrot muffin. I think it is fantastic with a cup of tea in the morning. I got it from the Taste of home site and am putting it here so I don't misplace it.. The best thing is you don't have to grate any carrots.
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced carrots (drained)
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- (You can use a food processor or an immersion blender ) Blend carrots until smooth in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Whisk the egg and oil into the carrot puree.
- Stir the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl beat the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Grease 12 muffin cups or use papers
- Fill muffin cups one-third full with carrot muffin mixture. Drop by tablespoonful the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Top with the remaining carrot mixture batter.
- Bake at 350F for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- Delicious warm but remember to refrigerate any leftovers.