1/2 Photos of Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins
This is such a delicious moist carrot muffin. I think it is fantastic with a cup of tea in the morning. I got it from the Taste of home site and am putting it here so I don't misplace it.. The best thing is you don't have to grate any carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced carrots (drained)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1(You can use a food processor or an immersion blender ) Blend carrots until smooth in a small bowl.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- 3Whisk the egg and oil into the carrot puree.
- 4Stir the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 5In a small bowl beat the filling ingredients until smooth.
- 6Grease 12 muffin cups or use papers
- 7Fill muffin cups one-third full with carrot muffin mixture. Drop by tablespoonful the cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin. Top with the remaining carrot mixture batter.
- 8Bake at 350F for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool a few minutes then remove to a wire rack.
- 9Delicious warm but remember to refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Carrot Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 326.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g