Recipe by Courtly
Top Review by Heather in Georgia
I have made these a few times now and was going to post the recipe, but a couple people beat me to it! These are great even using 1/3 fat cream cheese! The filling makes almost double what is needed, so I normally double the muffin ingredients to make 24
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices. In a small bowl, whisk the pureed carrots, eggs and oil; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups one-third full. In a small mixing bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.