1 hr 5 mins
Caramel and apples are happily married in this fabulous pie. The sliced apples are first coated with sweetened cream cheese and then with a brown sugar and spice mixture. The apples are then arranged in a pie shell with a layer of caramel in between, and topped with a second crust. It bakes beautifully."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) double crust pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package caramels, apple circle
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Roll out pastry and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Add apples to cream cheese mixture and stir until apples are evenly coated.
- 8Add brown sugar mixture to apple mixture gradually, stirring after each addition.
- 9Pour half of apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate.
- 10Place caramel circle over top, and then pour in remaining apple mixture.
- 11Cover with second pastry.
- 12Seal edges and cut steam vent in top.
- 13Sprinkle with coarse/turbinado sugar.
- 14Place pie on baking sheet covered with aluminum foil.
- 15Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- 16If you notice over browning after 25 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- 17Note: Turbinado sugar is organic sugar, but you can you regular sugar if you can't find the organic kind.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Caramel Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 328.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 44.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: