Recipe by Misti_Country_Girl
From Pillsbury. Uses a cake mix, sounds super easy!
Top Review by Funandsweet623
These taste wonderful! I made them last year and forgot to reate them. I have to agree with Heather though they are very labor intensive because the dough (no matter how long I cooled it) was so moist and sticky forever to form, and I ended up making huge cookies jsut to get them made.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) pillsbury white cake mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red gel food coloring or 1⁄4 teaspoon food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, egg; blend well.
- Add cake mix; mix until well blended.
- Divide dough in half.
- Add coloring to half of dough; blend well for even red color.
- For each cookie, measure 1 teaspoon white and 1 teaspoon red dough.
- Roll out each into 4 inch ropes.
- Place ropes side by side.
- Lightly roll together; twist.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet; shape each to resemble a candy cane.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets.