Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and rye bread make these tasty little canapes that can be frozen so that you're ready for unexpected company.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 8 teaspoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- butter, at room temperature
- 5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally in two. Spread butter thinly over each triangle, place, buttered side up, on a cookie sheet and lightly brown in the oven or broil very briefly.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Tabasco, green onion and cayenne into a paste. Pile about 1 tablespoon on each triangle of bread on the unbuttered side. Sprinkle with Parmesan, about 1 teaspoon on each. Top each canape with 1/4 of a sun-dried tomato. Freeze.
- Bake, frozen, at 375ºF for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Although I ended up freezing a lot of these, I still cut the recipe in half! Also cut back on the amount of Tabasco sauce, but other than that . . . THESE ARE GREAT LITTLE TASTIES, & so easy to make, too! Will definitely be making these for the very next monthly group that I host! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the lazyme cook-a-thon]