Recipe by lazyme
Cream cheese, sundried tomatoes and rye bread make these tasty little canapes that can be frozen so that you're ready for unexpected company.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I ended up freezing a lot of these, I still cut the recipe in half! Also cut back on the amount of Tabasco sauce, but other than that . . . THESE ARE GREAT LITTLE TASTIES, & so easy to make, too! Will definitely be making these for the very next monthly group that I host! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the lazyme cook-a-thon]
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 8 teaspoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- butter, at room temperature
- 5 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 loaves miniature party rye rounds
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each slice of bread diagonally in two. Spread butter thinly over each triangle, place, buttered side up, on a cookie sheet and lightly brown in the oven or broil very briefly.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Tabasco, green onion and cayenne into a paste. Pile about 1 tablespoon on each triangle of bread on the unbuttered side. Sprinkle with Parmesan, about 1 teaspoon on each. Top each canape with 1/4 of a sun-dried tomato. Freeze.
- Bake, frozen, at 375ºF for 10 minutes. Serve hot.