Recipe by Justmez2
Most preferred cake at my house, great with strawberries, whip cream, vanilla ice cream or just serve by itself. So good no icing or glazing needed. From one of my mom's friends back in 1991, and have made about that many as well!
Top Review by CakesByLova
This receipe is super yummy. I covered it Cream Cheese Frosting and Poured Glaze over it. Then placed strawberries all around it. It held up so nice. Great cake for carving. And sooo easy to make. I will post my picture tonight! It was wonderful.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxyellow butter recipe cake mix (Duncan Hines)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese and butter together, then add the other ingredients.
- Beat two minutes at medium speed.
- If bundt pan bake 55 minutes, otherwise use cake box instructions.
- I use a bundt pan that has been well greased with shortening and lightly floured.
- Bake at 350.
- Cool in pan 10-12 minutes.
- If using bundt give gently shake after cooling time to loosen from sides before inverting.
- Edited 04/24/04.