1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Butter Cookies
Solid, stick-to-your-rib cookies that hold molds and impressed images beautifully. Modified from House On The Hill. These are wonderful with hot tea or coffee, and my 3 yr old son loves them, even when I forgot the lemon oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift four and salt, together. Cream butter and cheese, slowly adding sugar, and mix well. Beat in egg yolk, then the flavoring. Dough will be STICKY!. Chill dough at least 4 hours (overnight is better, though!).
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Roll out dough (on floured surface) to about 1/4" thickness, if using molds. Imprint, cut, and place on cookie sheet.
- 4If not molding/imprinting cookies, make into smallish balls, squash flat with your palms, and place on cookie sheet. Prick each blob with a fork.
- 5Bake 10-12 minutes, until cookies are JUST turning light brown around the edges. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- 6Once cooled completely, they can be stored in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of