Recipe by marisk
I haven't made these yet...sounded interesting. You can use strawberry preserves in place of the apricot.
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- apricot preserves (strawberry preserves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth and light. Beat in lemon zest.
- Combine flour and sugar. Stir in half of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in remaining flour.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured board to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds. [1/4 inch thickness will unfold).
- Spoon 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon preserves in center of each round.
- Form to a triangle by folding in three edges. Pinch edges gently.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool cookies for a few minutes. Remove to a rack to complete cooling. Store in a tin.