Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are delightful cut out and frosted..
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup extra finely granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut in 1-inch pcs, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large mixing bowl, stir flour, sugar and salt.
- with mixer on medium, add butter pcs till crumbly -- add cream cheese and vanilla -- beat just until dough forms a ball.
- divide dough on floured surface into a ball.
- divide in to 2 pcs -- flatten into discs.
- wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- roll to 1/8" thick.
- cut into shapes.place 1" apart on ungreased sheet.
- bake at 375* for 7-9 minutes.
- transfer to racks to cool completely --
- to prepare cream cheese icing.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened.
- 1/2 cup softened butter.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- beat till light and fluffy --
- gradually add 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.add small amount of milk till desired consistency.may add gel colors as desired.