Recipe by Shelby, the wannabe chef
mmmm... Cream cheese :] Heh, this is obviously for all you cream cheese lovers out there.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Great cookies. I tweaked it to suit my own tastes. Instead of the 1 cup butter I used 1/2 cup butter + 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce. I used 1/4 less cup of flour, added another tsp of vanilla. I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon as well & added another 1/2 cup of sugar. I used light cream cheese which made no difference in taste & added a few more tbsp of that. thank you for a nice recipe; I've been searching for a cream cheese cookie that I could work with!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sift together already sifted flour with salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Gradually add sugar and mix well. Then, beat in egg yolk, vanilla and orange rind.
- Next, slowly blend in flour, salt and cinnamon mixture.
- Using any type of cookie cutter or cookie press, form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 1” apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool-eat-enjoy.