Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Family meals that help support healthy families. Every family benefits from eating meals together. For more Family inspired foods please check my blog: http://victoriafamilymeals.blogspot.ca
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup broth
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oil on medium-high in a large pan.
- Add onions and ginger. Cook until onions are soft.
- Mix together cumin, turmeric, chili pepper flakes, cardamom, cinnamon and pepper. Stir into onions and ginger.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and coat with mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, cream cheese and broth and stir until cream cheese is melted inches.
- Cook for another 10-15 minutes until sauce has thickened up and chicken is cooked through.