Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Taken from Lily Ng (http://lilyng2000.blogspot.com/)
For the bread
- 184 g bread flour
- 46 g cake flour
- 3 g yeast
- 12 g caster sugar
- 4 g salt
- 23 g clear maltose syrup
- 18 g egg yolks
- 35 g butter
- 138 ml milk
For the cream cheese filling
- 30 g caster sugar
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 18 g cake flour
- 100 ml warm milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 10 g butter
- For the cream cheese filling:.
- Cream cheese and sugar till a smooth paste is formed.
- Add in lightly beaten egg 1/3 at a time and mix well before adding the next portion.
- Stir in the sieved flour.
- Add in the warm milk and mix well.
- Microwave cheese mixture for 2 minutes on HIGH and stir it. After stirring it, send it back to the microwave for 2 minutes on HIGH again. Blend well till you get a smooth paste.
- Stir in the lemon juice and butter. Send it to chill in the refrigerator and roll slightly harden cheese paste into 35g balls to be used as filling.
- For the cream cheese buns:.
- Mix all ingredients to form an elastic dough and prove in a greased mixing bowl for 60 minutes.
- Knead the dough to release the air in it and prove for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 equal pieces of 50g each and one piece of 60g. Rest the dough for 15 minutes. The 60g dough piece is used to make the plait that encircle the cheese-pan.
- Shape dough and wrap in the filling. Dust top of bread with some bread flour. Prove for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 210C for 10 minutes and then 190C till golden brown.