I have checked high and low and didn't find this recipe posted. So here is another one. Just the ingredients alone tell you how yummy this recipe is. Recipe Adapted from: Ultimate Chocolate by Patrici, October 24, 2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa (no substitutes)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and lighly flour 8x8-inch cake pan.
- 3Combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- 4Melt the butter in a small, heavy-based saucepan, then stir in the cocoa until blended and set aside.
- 5Beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
- 6Gradually add the sugar and stir in the chocolate mixture.
- 7Sift the flour/salt mixture over the top and fold into the mixture.
- 8Add vanilla.
- 9Fold in the chocolate chips.
- 10Cream Cheese Mixture:.
- 11Whisk together cream cheese and egg and sugar (or use an electric mixer).
- 12Sift 1/4 cup self-rising flour over this mixture and fold in .
- 13Add 1 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 14Pour three-quarters of the brownie mixture into the prepared pan and spread the cream cheese mixture over it.
- 15Drop spoonfuls of the remaining brownie mixture on top, making swirls with a knife.
- 16Bake 35-40 minutes, or until the top is springy to the touch, being careful not to over bake.
- 17Cool brownies in the pan, then cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies With Chocolate Chips
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 143.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g