Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is absolutely delicious and not difficult to make!
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Cream cheese filling
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Melt butter and remove from heat.
- Stir in the cocoa.
- Beat in the eggs, sugar and the vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in 1/2 the batter in a 9" greased square casserole dish or baking pan.
- Spread Cream Cheese Filling on top CAREFULLY!
- Top with remaining chocolate batter.
- Pull a knife through all of the layers to create a marbled effect.
- Bake covered with tin foil or a glass lid for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Beat the cream cheese.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and the 1/2 tsp vanilla until the filling is very smooth.
This recipe was a complete surprise. The combination of ingrediants found in this recipe, is not only mouthwatering but delectable in its presentation. I found the instructions well thought out and easily defined by measurements. The chocolate-cream cheese duo brought a tantalizing view of how desserts can be dream like. I enjoyed the essence of this dessert, and look forward to Mrs.Rani Kabani's ingenious recipes. Way to go Kabani! This ones a keeper!
This is one of the best cream cheese (marbled) brownie recipes I've tried and I've tried a lot! The ratio of cream cheese to brownie is just right, the brownies are moist, and the ingredients are simple. I sprinkled a few Nestle Semi-Sweet chips over the top before baking to add a little punch, but the brownies really didn't need them.
I wanted to make cream cheese brownies and out of the 3 recipes I printed, I had all the ingredients on hand for this one, and I'm glad I did. The brownies were quick and easy to make. They tasted great, I'll definately make these again. My only problem was putting the second layer of brownie batter on top of the cream cheese layer, I had trouble getting it on nice so I just let the marbling be messy, they still taste excellent.