1 hr 10 mins
Mims & Squims's Note:
Rich cream cheese and chocolate in a whole wheat, lower cholesterol snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup light margarine, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup egg white, plus
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9x13” pan.
- 2With electric mixer, cream together 1 c margarine & 2 c sugar.
- 3Gradually add ¾ c + 1 T egg whites, beating well after each addition. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 4In separate bowl, combine 1 1/3 c flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 5Fold flour mixture into creamed mixture. Blend well.
- 6Stir in pecans.
- 7Spread 1/2 of mixture into pan.
- 8Cream together 1/3 c butter & cream cheese in sm bowl. Add 1/3 c sugar and 2 T flour, blending well.
- 9Add 1/3 c + 1 T egg whites and ¾ t vanilla, Beat until smooth.
- 10Spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter in pan.
- 11Spread remaining chocolate batter over cream cheese mixture. Swirl w/ knife.
- 12Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- 13Cool completely & cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 105.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: