1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Brownies
These are my mom's creation--kind of. The brownies are Marcia Adams's "Very Best Brownies" from her Heartland cookbook. The cream cheese filling is my mom's concoction. I like that the cream cheese layer doesn't overwhelm the brownies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons cocoa (not quite 1/2 c)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine butter, sugar, and cocoa in large mixing bowl.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time. Blend after each addition.
- 4Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 5In another bowl, combine ingredients for cream cheese layer. Mix until smooth.
- 6In 9 x 13 greased baking dish, pour half of brownie batter. Smooth to even.
- 7Spoon the cream cheese layer into the baking dish. This shouldn't be an easily spreadable layer--we just dollop and try to smooth it out for a more even distribution.
- 8Use butter knife to slightly marble into bottom layer.
- 9Top with remaining brownie mixture. Spread as evenly as you can, then tap pan lightly on counter to level batter.
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes (some ovens require a full 30 to completely bake), until the top is firm to the touch. Baking too long will result in dry brownies.
- 11Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.7
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g