Recipe by Laura O.
These are the real deal. 100% homemade through and through. Just like the review I posted for German Chocolate Cake, the key to this recipe is taking your time while you are making it. Unlike the other Cream Cheese Brownie recipes on Recipezaar, this one has ALOT of cream cheese - 16 ounces of it. A really rich dessert.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and then butter it or cover it with non-stick spray.
- Melt both chocolates together.
- Cool the melted chocolate mixture for 10-15 minutes. (You can do the steps below while it's cooling.).
- In a bowl, beat all of the cream cheese and 1/3 cup of the sugar together.
- Beat one of the eggs and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a different bowl, beat all of the butter and the remaining 1 and 2/3 cups sugar together.
- Beat the remaining 3 eggs one at a time into the butter mixture.
- Beat all of the chocolate mixture and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla into the butter mixture (it's officially a brownie mixture now).
- Beat all of the flour and all of the salt into the brownie mixture.
- Spread all but 1 cup of the brownie mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture.
- Swirl the remaining 1 cup of brownie mix over the cream cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the center comes out with only a few crumbs.