1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Brownies
I've had this recipe for a couple of years, now, but oddly enough, haven't tried it. I should though, because I love brownies, but this sounds so decadent because of the cream cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9 by 13 inch (3L) cake pan
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- 3Melt the chocolate, half the butter and half the vanilla over a double boiler or in the microwave, and let it cool to room temperature.
- 4Cream the remaining butter with the cream cheese, gradually adding in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Blend in two eggs, two tablespoons flour mixture and the rest of the vanilla. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the remaining four eggs with the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar until very light and fluffy.
- 6Fold in the chocolate mixture, followed by the dry ingredients and nuts, if using.
- 7Por the mixture into the pan, and spread into the corners.
- 8Spoon the cream cheese mixture in long lines, then using a knife or a toothpick swirl the batters together (do not over swirl or the cream cheese brownies will become leaden and beige).
- 9Bake for 30 minutes, or for fudgier brownies no more than 25 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 182.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g