1/3 Photos of Cream Cheese Breakfast Buns
1 hr 30 mins
...but not only for breakfast. These little buns are great for breakfast, brunch or tea time. The goat cheese in this buns make the difference. Serve the buns with your favorite jam and some soft butter. And reserve yourself one, because they will disappear to soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 21.26 g baker's yeast (see note)
- 59.14 ml milk (lukewarm)
- 14.79 ml caster sugar
- 85.04 g caster sugar
- 127.57 g cream cheese
- 127.57 g cream goat cheese (see note)
- 1 medium egg
- 0.25 ml salt
- 85.04 g butter (melted)
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- flour (additional and for workspace)
- 1Sift flour into a large bowl, make a well in the middle and crumble the yeast into it.
- 2Dissolve 1 tablespoon caster sugar in lukewarm milk. Pour over yeast and mix with yeast and some of the flour. This first yeast-mixture should be still fluid. Cover and let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile: Mix all other ingredients for the buns until smooth.
- 4Add this mixture to the yeast and flour. Mix first with a spoon.
- 5Then knead with floured hands until dough is peeling away from the side of the bowl and blistering. This step may take 10 minutes (or more). Use some additional flour, if dough is too sticky. At the end you should have a smooth dough. See note.
- 6Cover and let rise in warm place for about 30 to 40 minutes or until dough has doubled.
- 7Line out baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat oven (390°F, 200°C).
- 8After dough has doubled, knead again a few times. Roll out on a floured workspace. About 1/2 inch thick.
- 9Cut out circles of about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Place the buns on baking tray. Let rise again for 15 minutes.
- 10Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the top of the buns are slightly golden.
- 11Take out and let cool completely.
- 12NOTE on baker's yeast: also called cake yeast. It is the yeast sold as a solid block. You could replace it by dry yeast. If you use dry yeast, dissolve the dry yeast in lukewarm water prior adding it to the flour. Use as much dry yeast as you would need for 3 cups flour.
- 13NOTE on cream goat cheese: I like the taste of goat cheese here, but you could replace it by any other cream cheese of your choice.
- 14NOTE on dough: You could also use the dough hook of your food processor to knead the dough. But I prefer to do it by hand and I always have the feeling, that the texture of a hand kneaded dough is different.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Breakfast Buns
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of