1/2 Photos of Cream Cheese Braids
1 hr 25 mins
This is a recipe my mother-in-law and I used to make for Christmas. It was her recipe and hopefully I have deciphered everything correctly from her recipe card. The dough has to refrigerate overnight (not included in preparation time). This recipes may seem complicated but it is really not that difficult. It makes a lovely dessert or breakfast for special occasions or holidays. The braids can be frozen for a couple months. This recipe makes a lot so you can share with others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water, tepid
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1For the dough, dissolve the yeast in the water in a small bowl.
- 2In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, salt and eggs until well combined.
- 3Add the yeast mixture to the bowl and mix well.
- 4Add half of the sour cream and 1/2 of the flour at a time to the mixer.
- 5Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- 6For the filling, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- 7Divide the dough into 6 even balls.
- 8Roll out each ball into about an 8x12 inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- 9Spread one-sixth of the filling among the six dough rectangles, down the center of the roll.
- 10Roll the rectangles jelly roll style beginning at the long side.
- 11Pinch edges together and fold ends under slightly.
- 12Place the rolls seam side down on greased baking sheets.
- 13I can fit two rolls on each cookie sheet.
- 14Slit each roll at 2-inch intervals to resemble braid.
- 15Cover and let rise for 1 hour in a warm area.
- 16The dough should double.
- 17Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- 18Meanwhile, prepare glaze by combing all ingredients.
- 19While warm, spread the braids with the glaze.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Braids
Serving Size: 1 (2849 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1658.1
- Calories from Fat 883
- Total Fat 98.1 g
- Saturated Fat 59.8 g
- Cholesterol 497.5 mg
- Sodium 1123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 74.9 g
- Protein 29.7 g