Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Cooking Light May 1996. An easy and light version of my favorite dessert, creme brulee. Cooking time is 4 hours for chilling.
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups raspberries
- 8 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients in the top of a double boiler; stir well. Cook over simmering water 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla and cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Spoon 1/2 cup cheese mixture into each of 8 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Place ramekins on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until sugar melts. Serve immediately.