Recipe by Vino Girl
Top this dense and flavorful cake with sifted powdered sugar or maybe a simple glaze. I halved the recipe, and baked it in a loaf pan for about one hour. From Southern Living (December 2004)
Top Review by Dallas Chef W/Out Time
This is a fabulous cake. Funny, the bourbon in it mellowed out and it has quite the praline taste to it. I put a bourbon flavored glaze on it, and that really truly was the "icing on the cake" haha. 1/3 cup melted butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and 3 tablespoons of bourbon. Can't give this recipe enough accolades~!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease and flour a 12 cup tube or bundt pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.