Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the taste of cream cheese and blueberries, these make a great breakfast treat or snack and it's so easy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the cups of a muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir well; set aside.
- Using metal blade, process cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla in food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs and process 15 seconds.
- Scrape down side of container with a spatula.
- With processor running, pour melted butter through food chute.
- Process another 10 seconds.
- Add milk and process 5 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to container and mix with 4 to 6 half-second pulses.
- With a spoon, fold in blueberries.
- Pour an equal amount of batter into each muffin cup, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 30 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
I don't have a food processor so used a hand mixer. It was still pretty easy to make. I only baked for 25 mins and they were done! I split the batter in 1/2 prior to adding the blueberries and put chocoalate chips in half of the batter. The batter was fluffy and not drippy like some muffin mixes. Used cake flour as recommended. To tell the truth I could not taste the cream cheese but these ARE good!
I found recipe 31642 the other day, and decided I liked the ingredients, but wanted a muffin instead of a cookie. After searching for a muffin lookalike, I decided to use this recipe and modify it: * use diced dried apricots instead of blueberries * add 1/2 cup ground almonds * add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg * My batter was a little stiff, so I added about 1/3 cup more milk. I may submit this recipe if it turns out good (baking right now), and will credit Mysterygirl if I submit it.
I put this recipe in my cookbook almost a year ago, and had forgotten about... until yesterday, when a screaming bag of blueberries demanded I do something with it. This recipe was the perfect choice. I loved the texture the cream cheese created. The muffin was very light and fluffy, perfectly showcasing the blueberries. I think this could only be better if I had been able to find some fresh blueberies... they would definately be worth the search! Thank you! :)