Recipe by Kyene
Experiment! Turned out pretty thick but good. There is probably a smarter way to make this, like making the sauce separate, but I'm a big fan of one dish meals. Also thought of adding a can of chopped green chilies.
Top Review by berry271
This was okay. I guess I technically made a variation of it. We didn't have black beans on hand so I skipped them and added a bag of frozen peas. It needed a veg anyway to really be a one pot dish, even though it actually uses 2 pots because of the pasta. I skipped the broth and just added the milk and we didn't find the sauce to be too thick. Used a parmesan seasoning blend (rosemary-garlic). I think those are the only changes I made. Like I said it was okay, nothing spectacular, but very quick and easy to put together, and not a ton of dishes afterward, so that was nice.
- 1 lb smoked sausage (cut up) or 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut up)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups dry pasta
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature, cubed)
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Meanwhile cook smoked sausage or chicken on medium high heat with garlic in a large skillet.
- Once cooked through, add cream cheese and chicken stock.
- Turn heat to medium and continue to stir until cream cheese is mixed (takes a little while).
- Add milk (can add more if you want) to thin the sauce some.
- Add the black beans and cheese, continue to stir until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Add the drained pasta and mix.