Recipe by True Texas
FFA/HERO cookbook. Use your favorite jam.
Top Review by sszz
I was surprised at how light and flaky these biscuits turned out! The cream cheese really worked well and I couldn't tell a difference from normal butter biscuits. Instead of adding the jam, I mixed in a cup of shredded cheese to make cheese biscuits. They were delicious, especially straight from the oven!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, softened
- 158.51 ml milk
- 44.37 ml raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly.
- Make well in center; pour in milk.
- Stir just until dough clings together.
- Knead gently 4 or 5 strokes on lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Make indentation in each biscuit with thumb.
- Brush biscuits with additional milk.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoons jam into each indentation.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.