Recipe by True Texas
FFA/HERO cookbook. Use your favorite jam.
Top Review by sszz
I was surprised at how light and flaky these biscuits turned out! The cream cheese really worked well and I couldn't tell a difference from normal butter biscuits. Instead of adding the jam, I mixed in a cup of shredded cheese to make cheese biscuits. They were delicious, especially straight from the oven!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Cut in butter and cream cheese until mixture is crumbly.
- Make well in center; pour in milk.
- Stir just until dough clings together.
- Knead gently 4 or 5 strokes on lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Make indentation in each biscuit with thumb.
- Brush biscuits with additional milk.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoons jam into each indentation.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.