Recipe by Chef Dudo
These are rich biscuits (from the cheese). Served warm they melt in your mouth.
Top Review by sprue
these were pretty good, definately better warm and not too good the next day. they are very wet and i couldnt get mine to a kneading consistancy so i just made drop biscuits instead.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the cream cheese until the mixture forms coarse pieces
- Add buttermilk and stir the mixture with a fork until most of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Turn the batter onto the counter and knead and fold until the dough is formed.
- Do not knead longer than necessary
- Roll or pat the dough to about 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on a greased baking sheet with edges touching.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown and biscuits sound hollow when gently tapped.