Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
These are rich biscuits (from the cheese). Served warm they melt in your mouth.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Biscuit recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the cream cheese until the mixture forms coarse pieces
- Add buttermilk and stir the mixture with a fork until most of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- Turn the batter onto the counter and knead and fold until the dough is formed.
- Do not knead longer than necessary
- Roll or pat the dough to about 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass.
- Place the biscuits on a greased baking sheet with edges touching.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown and biscuits sound hollow when gently tapped.
these were pretty good, definately better warm and not too good the next day. they are very wet and i couldnt get mine to a kneading consistancy so i just made drop biscuits instead.
These are very good biscuits. I expected to taste some cream cheese, but did not. Because of cream cheese in these biscuits, they are a bit more wet than other biscuits I've tried. Thank you Chef Dudo for posting this wonderful recipe.
I love these biscuits, as I grew up in the South, these taste like home!