Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember. At any gathering these are the first to go.
- 2⁄3 cup of stick margarine or 2⁄3 cup butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Add flour and nuts.
- Mix to crumb mixture.
- Save about 1 cup of the crumb mixture, press the rest into a 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake crust at 350 for 12-15 minutes, remove from oven.
- Cream regular sugar and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Yum, yum! I couldn't stop eating the batter. I only had one package of cream cheese, so I only had half as much filling, and mixed it with about cup of strawberry preserves. I'll be lucky if these survive the long drive to my in-laws!
I couldn't keep my family out of these! Best of all, I had nearly all of the ingredients on hand. Definetley a winner:)
It tasted really bad