Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
a cake mix makes these go together fast
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix, any flavor
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- combine margarine, cake mix and 1 large egg, beaten -- mix well.
- press into 9x13" pan -- beat together cream cheese, brown sugar, powdered sugar, 2 eggs, and vanilla.pour over crust -- bake at 325* for 45 minutes --
- cool on rack --
- when cool, dust tops of cookies with additional sifted powdered sugar.
These were great! I used Red Velevet cake mix. Out of the 8 types of cookies I made these were definitely our favorite and so easy to prepare.
Oh my goodness, these bars are delicious! I followed another reviewer's idea and used carrot cake. Because these bars are so rich, I did cut them into small squares. I'm planning to make these every year at Christmas time for my cookie trays.
I made these for an office cookie exchange. I used chocolate cake mix. Easy and extrememly tasty