Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter bought me a cookbook and made this-the very first recipe she has ever tried.This is soo good we made it 3 times and it's so easy-no cooking involved.It needs 2 hours to chill.
- 4 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix (you can use vanilla, too)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip (4 oz)
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers
- 4 bananas, sliced
- In a large bowl combine milk and pudding mix according to package directions.
- In a small bowl stir together cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Stir into pudding mixture (I use the mixer).
- Fold in cool whip (I just stir it good).
- In a 13x9x2 inch baking dish layer half the cookies,half the bananas and half the pudding mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
I was looking for a different version of a pudding that didn't require cooking to replace the recipe using condensed milk. I'm sure glad I found this recipe. I like it much better than the condensed milk version because it is not nearly as sweet and has much less cream in it. I may tinker with this version a bit because I couldn't really taste the cream cheese, but it is excellent as it is written. By the way, the recipes requiring a stirred, cooked custard are excellent, provided it's a good recipe and it is made correctly. But when the summer temps climb to 105 and above, this non-cook version fits the bill perfectly. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us.
Amazing! A big Easter hit for our family. Thanks!!!
Excellent!!!!! What a delicious dessert. This is going to replace my current banana pudding recipe. Thanks to your daughter! Mommariss