1/3 Photos of Cream Cheese-Banana-Nut Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
For a request from Southern Living, January edition. Submitted by Willie Monroe, Homewood, Alabama. Prep time does not include making toppings. The nutrition facts includes all of the topping ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 1 1/4 lbs. or 4 medium)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Orange Pecan Topping
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer, until creamy.
- 2Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 4Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- 5Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla.
- 6Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8 x 4 inch loafpans.
- 7Bake at 350º for 1 hour, or until tests clean. (Shield with foil the last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary.
- 8Cool bread in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
- 9Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.
- 10Orange Pecan Topping:.
- 11Sprinkle pecans over batter before baking.
- 12Cool bread 10 minutes, remove from pans.
- 13Stir together sugar, orange juice and orange rind.
- 14Drizzle evenly over warm bread.
- 15Cinnamon-Crisp Topping.
- 16Stir together brown sugar, toasted pecans, flour, melted butter and cinnamon.
- 17Sprinle mixture evenly over batter.
- 18Bake and cool bread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese-Banana-Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.7
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 526.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 84.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g