Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Group Recipes.com Altered a little to make it a little healthier
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 -3 mashed bananas
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease/flour two loaf pans.
- First bowl:.
- Cream butter and cream cheese
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Second bowl:.
- Combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Third bowl:.
- Mash bananas.
- Slowly add flour mixture into cream cheese/butter/sugar mixture. It will be a little dry at this point - don't worry!
- Stir in bananas and vanilla, mix well.
- Stir in cranberries, fold well.
- Spoon into pans. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour. For the last fifteen minutes cover with foil so doesn't brown too much.
I'm not big on making banana bread, but when you can jazz it up as with this recipe, that's a whole other matter ~ What with cream cheese, cranberries (I opted for dried rather than the frozen) & whole wheat flour, THIS BREAD IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT! Was gonna keep the 2nd loaf & freeze it, but my son & his wife managed to talk me out of it! Will happily make this bread again & again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game]
I made 6 mini loaves to give as gifts for Christmas. They are delicious! A great way to use up cranberries. Thanks!