This recipe, from The Essential Book of Jewish Festival Cooking, eventually surfaced in the Food Section of the 27 May 2009 issue of the Los Angeles Times.
- In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast together the sesame, coriander, cumin & nigella seeds 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant, stirring or shaking the pan often.
- Grind the seeds with a mortar & pestle or process BRIEFLY in a coffee grinder (but not so long that the sesame seeds release a lot of oil).
- Oil your hands to prevent the cheese from sticking, then roll the cheese into 1-inch balls & chill uncovered on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the sesame seasoning with the salt & chopped pistachio nuts, then roll the cheese balls in the mixture until well covered.
- Serve immediately, or cover & chill on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet until ready to serve.