1/3 Photos of Cream Cheese Balls (Jewish)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe, from The Essential Book of Jewish Festival Cooking, eventually surfaced in the Food Section of the 27 May 2009 issue of the Los Angeles Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a dry frying pan over medium heat, toast together the sesame, coriander, cumin & nigella seeds 3 to 4 minutes or until fragrant, stirring or shaking the pan often.
- 2Grind the seeds with a mortar & pestle or process BRIEFLY in a coffee grinder (but not so long that the sesame seeds release a lot of oil).
- 3Oil your hands to prevent the cheese from sticking, then roll the cheese into 1-inch balls & chill uncovered on a greased baking sheet.
- 4In a small bowl, mix the sesame seasoning with the salt & chopped pistachio nuts, then roll the cheese balls in the mixture until well covered.
- 5Serve immediately, or cover & chill on a wax-paper-lined baking sheet until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Balls (Jewish)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 69.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: