Recipe by AmyZoe
Wow. I made this over the holidays, and it DISAPPEARED as soon as it hit the plate. It made a cheese ball that was twice the size as what I was used to so cooks beware. This is not going to last long. Recipe courtesy of The Joy of Cooking. Serving size is estimated.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all ingredients except nuts in a large bowl.
- Place mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap.
- Bring up the edges of the wrap and form mixture into a ball.
- Place in a small deep bowl to help it hold its shape and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When it is firm, roll the cheese ball in walnuts or pecans. (I like to do this over a bowl so I can continue to put the nuts on the ball if some fall off.).
- Press the nuts to make them adhere.
- The cheese ball can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.