Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Modified from numkitchen.com; posted for ZWT 5.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 6 ripe but firm medium bananas, peeled and cut lengthwise into halves
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml dark brown sugar, tightly packed
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml dark rum
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Cook bananas in butter, a few at a time, until brown on both sides; gently remove.
- Place cream cheese, brown sugar, whipping cream, rum and cinnamon in blender container.
- Cover and blend on high speed, stopping blender occasionally to scrape sides, until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Arrange half of the bananas in ungreased 8-in. square or rectangular baking dish.
- Spread half of cream cheese mixture over bananas; top with remaining bananas and cream cheese mixture.
- Bake uncovered until corners are bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
What a wonderful treat!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe for myself and just loved it!! It reminds me of a creamy version of Bananas Foster and this would a wonderful, easier way to serve it to a group. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool.
Made this dessert tonight for DH and he really loved it! I halved the recipe and it came out perfectly -- very easy to make and a great way to use up bananas. Made for ZWT9 - Caribbean, August, 2013.
Oh, I really enjoyed this. Cut the recipe in 1/2 . Made for your win 2010 Football Pool week 14