Recipe by 89240
This is so good! The cream cheese melts into the apple pie filling, and tastes almost custardy. I usually use wheat tortillas and light cream cheese because that's what we have in the house.
Top Review by Chef Amezor
Served these to friends and got rave reviews. Baked the quesadilla rather than grilling. Use two tortillas, sandwich the filling between them. Spritz with butter-flavor spray then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 medium white flour tortillas or 1 medium wheat flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or 1 tablespoon light cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup apple pie filling
- cinnamon (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cream cheese on one side of the tortilla, completely covering it, using more around the edges, as this will help seal in the pie filling.
- Pour the filling on top of the cream cheese layer and cut apple slices into 1/2 inch pieces with a spoon or butterknife.
- Sprinkle pie filling with cinnamon, if desired.
- Fold tortilla over, gently pressing the edges to seal.
- Brush one side with the melted butter, and put the tortilla, butter side down, into a skillet pre-heated to medium.
- While that side is grilling, brush the unbuttered side with the remaining butter.
- Grill until golden, flip, and grill the other side until golden.
- Remove from skillet and serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream, ice cream, and additional cinnamon, if desired.