1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Apple Oatmeal Bars
1 hr 7 mins
pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!'s Note:
Got this recipe out of a garage sale-find cookbook which was put out by the Crisco Co. It's very versatile in that you can add or subtract topping ingredients as you like. I thought peaches might be interesting to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco or 3/4 cup butter
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced granny smith apple
- 1/2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and mix well. Add Crisco and cut in until it's crumbly. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture and press remainder into a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- 3Bake for 12 minutes, cool slightly.
- 4In a mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, and vanilla. Mix til smooth and spread evenly over oat crust.
- 5Combine apple, raisins (if desired) and almond extract. Stir.
- 6Add spices and 2 T. of sugar and sprinkle over cheese mixture.
- 7Return to oven and bake an additional 25 minutes or til golden. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Apple Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 85.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g