Recipe by ilovechocolate
My husband tasted this recipe at my mom's house, and became an instant fan. He begged me to get the recipe from her right away, which I did.
Top Review by strumica
I have made this cake for years and we love it! My recipe had me add the cinnamon with the dry ingredients, and skip the extra sugar on the apples. I also sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the cake before baking (ca. 1/3 cup sugar with 1 tsp. cinnamon). It calls for a 13x9 pan, whichs bakes faster too. I just tried it last night using 3-4 cups UNpeeled zucchini that I chopped small in my salsa maker (manual food processor). It is absolutely delicious!!!!! You can't even tell that I used zucchinis!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups apples (about 3 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 9" springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- Cream butter with sugar, then add cream cheese and beat until smooth and creamy. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- In small bowl, mix flour bakng powder and salt.
- Peel and slice apples.
- In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon.
- Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Add cinnamon mixture to apples and stir until coated.
- Stir apples into batter.
- Pour all ingredients into greased pan and bake 1 hour.