Recipe by *Z*
This is from a free cooking school booklet. This is made with Splenda but you could probably subsitute with no problems. I haven't made this, but it looks tasty. I catorgized this as a diabetic recipe. If it isn't, please let me know.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
- 1 teaspoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream butter and Splenda brown sugar blend together until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, applesauce, orange extract and vanilla.
- Set aside.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend until smooth.
- Stir in raisins and nuts, if using.
- Set aside.
- Blend together the cream cheese, Splenda brown sugar blend, flour and orage extract.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Cover with the remaining bread batter.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.