Cream Cheese and Walnut Sandwiches
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream cheese, beaten (to soften place cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed walnut halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon light cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 20 -24 slices bread (banana bread is very good for this)
- Honey Butter:.
- Blend together until smooth and spreadable consistency.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together, adding a spoonful of cream if the mixture is too stiff.
- Spread 10 to 12 slices of the bread with the Honey Butter, then with the filling.
- Top with a second slice of bread.
- Crust and cut as desired.