Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
received this recipe in Leeds England, where I had tea in our sister city of Lowestoft.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (I use Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green onions, use the white part only
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
- 14 ounces red salmon, drained
- butterd bread, with crusts trimmed
- In a mixer bowl cream the cheese with chilli sauce, onion, parsley, dill, and hot sauce.
- Stir in the drained salmon.
- Cover and chill.
- Spread onto buttered bread.
- Serve cold.
- Thanks Andy.
Loved these tea sandwiches - although there was one small (maybe not?) change - can't often find tinned salmon in Greece, so I used chopped up smoked salmon (which my family adores). I made up a batch of these sandwiches on black, seeded bread to take to the beach with us yesterday and everyone loved them. Thank you.
I made these for my husband's lunch and he loved 'em! We don't eat white bread (which I imagine is the appropriate kind of bread), so I've made them both with a whole-grain seeded bread, and on a pita. The addition of chili sauce was particularly nice. Thanks so much for posting this!