Recipe by morgainegeiser
If using salted salmon it can be purchased at a delicatessen.
Top Review by Jostlori
Oh, yum! Ran down to Trader Joes this morning and the smoked salmon was too good to pass up. This made a lovely lunch - wish I could get smoked salmon where I live. :~(. This was simple and very, very good - loved it! I did add capers, as Twissis suggested. Made for ZWT9 - team Gourmet Goddesses.
- 4 slices danish pumpernickel bread or 4 slices other rye bread
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon or 3 ounces salted salmon
- 16 cucumbers, slices cut thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut crusts from bread.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter on each piece of bread, covering completely.
- Cut each buttered slice in half crossswise; trim to make 4 X 2 rectangles.
- Spread each with cream cheese, covering completely.
- Top each with salmon, laying salmon flat.
- Top each with 2 cucumber slices.