Recipe by Stella Mae
These are simple and tasty pinwheel appetizers. The spread can also be used to make tea sandwiches.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 -3 ounces smoked salmon, torn into small pieces
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely minced
- 1 loaf of large uncut white bread or 1 loaf whole wheat bread
- mayonnaise, to taste for spreading bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix cheese, salmon and onion.
- Cut crusts off bread, and cut several thin, long slices.
- With a rolling pin, flatten bread so that it's easy to roll.
- Spread each long slice with mayonnaise, then spread on the cream cheese and salmon mixture.
- Roll each slice lengthwise like a jelly roll, slowly and carefully to make it as tight or pressed as possible.
- Cover with wax paper or saran wrap and wrap with kitchen string so it'll keep its shape.
- Store in fridge so it can chill and set.
- When ready to serve, slice into thin pinwheels.