Recipe by ccrcat
Easy, delicious and quick recipe, for when you have unexpected guests...
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a very yummy dip, that I enjoyed a lot with my veggies for a light dinner.
I made half the recipe and decided to simply chop the peppers and add them to the cream cheese that way for easier dipping. I thought it looked nice, too.
The taste is excellent, however I used a little less garlic as I was afraid it might overpower the roasted bell peppers otherwise.
The dip is creamy and yummy and I will make it again. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us!
Made and reviewed for The Tag Game of the Month in the Spain/Portugal Forum~Bell Peppers and Tomatoes September 2010.
- 2 large red peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- wheat crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppers in toaster oven at high temperature until the skin is brown and has partially popped. (About 20 mins, you may need to turn them ocassionally).
- Let peppers cool, then remove the skin, and clean them (removing seeds and inside membranes).
- Slice the peppers thinly.
- Add to the sliced peppers: olive oil, powdered garlic (you can also use minced garlic, but I find that some people don't like the little pieces), salt and pepper.
- Place peppers on top of the cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers or bite-size pieces of toasted bread around the pepper topped cream cheese.