Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Found this recipe on the "Home Cooking" website. Sounds scrumptious!!! Warm and inviting on a cold winter day!!!
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Mix eggs, pumpkin, milk and oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except cream cheese filling) just until flour is moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Divide Cream Cheese Filling among muffins, placing about 1 teaspoon on top of each; swirl with knife.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan.
Very yummy recipe. I would add pumpkin pie spice or cloves/ginger next time to make them a bit more "spicy." Also, my co-worker thought they would be wonderful sprinkled with brown sugar...
very warm tasting on a cool Fall day
Yum in the Tum:)