Recipe by Flowerfairy
This is my favourite of all sandwiches. It makes a wonderfully fresh and healthy lunch when accompanied by a berry-and-yoghurt smoothie.
- 1 whole wheat ciabatta (20 cm long) or 1 piece whole wheat baguette (20 cm long)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (Philadelphia for example)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, slices
- 1⁄4 cucumber, unpeeled, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 4 -5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bread horizontally in half.
- Spread cream cheese on one half. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Layer lettuce leaves and tomato, sprinkle with salt.
- Then layer cucumber and carrots, sprinkle with pepper. End with the basil leaves.
- Spread pesto on other half of the bread and lay it on top of the basil leaves to make a sandwich.