Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Paula's Home Cooking. You can also garnish these with melted chocolate.
- 20 large strawberries, hulled
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each strawberry so the berries stand upright. Place berries, cut side down, on a serving platter. Carefully cut the berries into 4 wedges, cutting almost to, but not through, the bottoms with a criss-cross cut. Fan wedges just slightly, taking care not to break them. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until combined but still stiff. Using a teaspoon or pastry bag with decorative tip, fill the strawberries with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the stuffed strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.