Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cream cheese and olive is a classic everything. I always have this mixed up in the refrigerator. We use it in the morning on English muffins or bagels. We use it on crackers--just for a snack. My mom made it in a sandwich to put in my lunch box for school. My husband likes me to put some sour cream with it and make it into a dip. The number of olives that you put in depends on your taste. This is so simple and good.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 20 -25 stuffed green olives (cut up)
- 2 tablespoons olive juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- If my cream cheese is not at room temperature (as it usually is not), I put it in a bowl and microwave it just a little to soften it--don't cook it.
- On a bread board, cut the olives up; if you want more or less, use what you like (I like a lot of olives).
- Put in the olive juice and milk and mix well.
- If you want it for a dip, add the sour cream--adding more if you want.
- Keep refrigerated.
This is great on Bagels and English Muffins, but is also good as a sandwich. Sometimes I just make it for a snack and dip celery pieces in it, or crackers or chips. (Those Kettle chips work well with this!)
I make this alot, minus the sour cream. I often have it on bagel or pita chips, and it is a delicious snack anytime. I love it on bagels too! Wiggie
This was very good, I made it for our catechism home study group and it went over well. I served it with crackers. I halved the recipe and added some garlic powder and cayenne pepper and about three tablespoons of shredded cheese. Thanks for the quick and easy recipe.